At present there is not an app available for Mac that can automatically find your camera as on a PC so the method for viewing your WiFi bird box camera on a Mac is a little bit more complicated but the guide below should simplify the process as much as possible.
Before We Start:
You need to make sure that the camera is successfully connected to your network. If you haven't already done so then please follow this guide to connect your camera to your internet network.
Once that is done we need to find out the IP address of the camera. There are a few methods for doing this as detailed below. Follow one of the methods and once you have reached the end you can proceed to the final step of adding the camera to your Mac.
This is for if you have an Android phone or tablet available.
1) Download and install XMEye on the device.
2) Make sure that the phone or tablet is connected to the same wifi network as the camera.
3) Open XMEye and click the Orange icon in the bottom left corner.
4) Click the + icon in the top right corner.
5) Make sure that you are on the Manual Add option and click Search.
6) The app should find the camera on your network and show you an IP address. Make a note of this IP address.
This method is for if you have a Windows PC or Laptop available in addition to your Mac.
1) On your Windows PC or Laptop download and install CMS5.
2) Open CMS5 and click Login, you do not need to change the username or password.
3) Click on Device Manager.
4) Click on IPV4 Search. This should look for any cameras connected to your network and after a few moments you should see one item appear in the box near the top of the page.
5) Select the camera by ticking the box to the left of it and press Add.
6) Your camera will now be showing in the lower section of the screen under "The following devices have been added"
7) Make a note of the IP address and Port shown for that camera. This will be a number that starts with 192.168
This method involves logging in to the router to find the information we need.
1) If you look on your router you will see an IP address. This will be a number starting with 192.168, for example with BT it is usually 192.168.1.254.
2) On your computer open your internet browser and enter the IP address from your router in to the address bar. This will take you to the login screen for your router.
3) The password to log in to your router will be shown somewhere on your router, it is often referred to as an Admin or Router password.
4) On most routers you will be able to view a list of all connected devices. You should see a list of devices with an attached IP Address and name, most devices will have a name given but the camera you are looking for will be labelled as an unknown device. You will likely find that there are a number of unknown devices, make a note of the IP address for each of them.
If you do not have a Windows computer available and your router does not show you the IP addresses that we are looking for then this will be your next option, it involves using an IP scanner to find all devices connected to your network.
1) Download our IP Scanner of choice and open the software once it is downloaded.
2) Once you have opened the software click the Start button. This will then search your network for any connected device.
3) Once it has finished the search you will see a blue dot next to a number of IP addresses, this shows that something is connected to your network with that IP address. Each device should have a Hostname assigned to it and the device we are looking for will be titled as N/A.
4) Make a note of any IP addresses that have a blue dot to the left and a name of N/A.
Adding the camera to your Mac:
The final step is to actually get the camera added to your Mac.
1) Install vMEyeSuper and open it once installed.
2) Click on the small + icon on the left hand side. This will open a menu where you can enter the camera information.
3) Fill in the details as below and then press OK
Name - What you want the camera to be called
Address - The IP address that you found out
Port - 34567
User ID - admin
Password - Leave this field blank unless you have set a password on the camera
Max Channel - 1
Then click on the camera from the list on the left and it should open the camera feed. If it doesn't and you followed Method 3 or 4 to find the IP address it is likely that you have chosen the wrong IP from the list of possible IP addresses that you had noted down. Repeat step 3 above with other IP addresses from your list until you find the right one for the camera.