This guide shows you how to set up your Wired HD IP Bird Box Camera on a Windows PC or Apple Mac computer.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that your camera is wired correctly to protect from water damage, this guide will show you how.
- Make sure your Windows or Apple computer is connected to the same internet network that you're going to connect the camera to.
- Download and install CMS5 (for Windows) by clicking this link or VMS (for Mac) by clicking this link. If installing on a Mac, make sure you drag the application file onto your desktop instead of into the applications folder. If your Mac computer tries to stop the programme from being installed, have a look at this Apple support guide for help: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh40616/mac
- If you're using a Mac on the Big Sur OS, you'll need to give the programme permission by going to System Preferences > Security > General.
Connecting the camera to your computer
1. Click on the CMS5/VMS icon to launch the programme, the box will appear. The username and password will be auto-filled, but by default the username and password are both admin.
2. In the "Main" view, click “Device Manage”
3. Click the “IPV4 search” button. The available devices will display on the section at the top.
4. Mark the checkbox in front of the IP address,
5. Click on the tick box next to the device that appears in the list then click the “Add ” button. The IP camera will move into the box below.
6. Click the pen icon under “Operation” and a new window will pop up. You can name the camera if you like, then just click “OK” to save it.
7. Once the software has connected the camera successfully, the “Status” will change to “connected”
You have now configured the camera, next we'll show you how to watch it.
Viewing the live camera feed
1. Click on the "home" icon.
2. Click "monitor" to view the camera.
3. Double click on the name of the camera to start the live view.