This guide only applies to the 2nd Gen Green Feathers Wi-Fi camera which was released in December 2019, which can be distinguished by the label on the end of the cable that looks like this:
- This is the alternative setup method for this model of camera, we recommend you try this easier method first
- Do not mount the camera into the bird box until you know it is working correctly and connected to your Wi-Fi router
- Check the Wi-Fi strength at the site of your bird box using a smartphone or tablet
- Plug in the power supply into the trailing cable of the camera
- If using a MicroSD card, insert the card into the slot before powering up
- Download the app onto your smartphone or tablet - search for iCSee Pro on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store for Android
- Remove the lens cap on the camera, and after installing in the box ensure the camera is focused properly
- Make sure you enable location (in high accuracy mode instead of battery saver mode) on your phone, and allow the app to access the location if it app prompts you to do so
If this isn't the first time you have set this camera up, then first of all it is a good idea to reset the camera by holding down the white button for 30-40 seconds. The camera will click twice, which means it has been reset to factory defaults.
If you have an Android device, the below video will still work:
Power up the camera and allow 30-60 seconds for the camera to boot. It will click once after booting up.
While you're waiting, download the app iCSee Pro onto your phone or tablet.
Triple-press the white button on the end of the camera’s cable. This switches the camera to “AP mode”. This stands for 'Access Point mode', which means the camera will start broadcasting it's own Wi-Fi network which allows you to connect to the camera.
Now on your iOS or Android device, open Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to network with the name in the following form: IPC_XXXX. The password for this network is 1234567890.
Next, open the iCSee Pro app and tap Local Login.
You can also create an account instead, but it is not necessary. The advantages of using an account are:
- Simply download the app onto another device and log in to that account to access the cameras instead of manually adding them again.
- Access the notifications/motion alarm settings to be able to receive remote alerts on your Android/iOS device.
To add a new device, select the + icon in the top-right.
Now tap More in the top right > Add device in same WLAN.
This will search for the camera and it should then appear in the menu, click on the camera and this will add it to your device list.
If this step fails, you may have a different model of camera. This guide only applies to the 2nd Gen Green Feathers Wi-Fi camera which was released in December 2018, if you have a different model of the camera have a look at our guide for the 1st Gen camera or for the 3rd Gen camera. If you are unsure which camera you have, have a look at this article.
Tap on the camera; you will now notice that you can view the live image from the camera. However this connection is only through the 'IPC' Wi-Fi network which the camera broadcasts, so it will only work when you are very close to the camera. If you want to connect the camera to your internet router and view it anywhere in the world, continue the guide.
When viewing the live feed of the camera, tap on the Settings cog on the top-right, then go to Network Settings.
AP Mode will be selected – change this to routing mode and then in the box below select your home WiFi network’s name and input your home WiFi network’s password. If the name of your Wi-Fi network isn't listed then just manually enter it, then type in your password.
Tap Save. This will connect the camera to your WiFi network. If the camera does not connect to the router at this point, this may be because you have a modern 5GHz Wi-Fi router, which needs to be configured before the camera can connect to it. If you think this is the case, please read this guide.
The app will now ask you to give your camera a name and set a password for it. If you ever forget this password you can simply reset the camera to factory defaults by holding down the white button for 30-40 seconds until you hear it click twice.
Tap on your camera from the device list to show the live view.
You should now be able to see live video over WiFi from your bird box camera!
Hints & Tips
- Make sure the camera successfully connects to your network before you mount it into your bird box
- After installing the camera in the box, ensure the camera is focused properly
- Keep the antenna pointing upwards as this improves the Wi-Fi range
- To improve the range of your Wi-Fi signal, purchase a Wi-Fi extender kit.
- If you want to get the device easily added to other phones, tablets or computers, you won't need to go through this process again, just follow this guide to get it done in a few minutes!
- If you get the error 'H265 video not support' when you try to share video files, please follow this guide.
- If you want to live stream your camera feed to Youtube, follow this guide.