This guide only applies to 3rd Gen Green Feathers cameras which were released from December 2020 onwards.
If you are unsure which model of camera you have, have a look at this article.
- Before you begin
- Let’s get started
- 1. Registering an account
- 2. Selecting the connection method
- 3. Connecting the camera to Wi-Fi
- 4. Adding and renaming the camera
- 5. To do next
- 6. Resetting the camera
- 7. Next Steps
Before you begin
- Ensure the device being used to set up the camera is connected to the same internet router that you want the camera to be connected to (this is only required for the setup process)
- Insert an SD card if you have one; hold the camera with the lens facing up, then insert the SD card with the metal contacts facing up. You will feel a push back when inserting the SD card, push it in fully until you feel it click into place. If you have a waterproof camera, you will need to unscrew the plate on the underside to access the SD card slot
- Plug in the power supply into the trailing cable of the camera; after the camera has powered on you will hear a three note chime, and the camera will start saying "Wait for Wi-Fi config"
- Remove the lens cap on the camera, if it has one, and remove the cap on the reset button
- Connect your camera to the power supply, and connect an ethernet cable from the camera to the internet router
Let’s get started
To get started, open the app:
1. Registering an account
- A verification code will be emailed to you.
- Enter this code into the app.
- Set a password for your account - make sure it is something memorable.
Once your account is all set up, just log in to the app!
2. Selecting the connection method
On the Home page, click the green '+' icon at the top right of the screen.
Tap on the Green Feathers Camera icon.
Now make sure the app is set to 'Cable' in the top right, tap the icon in the top right to change the setup mode if needed:
If the camera is not saying 'Wait for Wi-Fi config' scroll to the section at the bottom of the page to see how to reset the camera, otherwise ignore the instructions in the app and just tap Next > Next, tick 'Next step', then tap Next again to begin searching for the camera.
3. Connecting the camera to Wi-Fi
Once you tap 'Next' the third time it will begin searching for the camera. It will take up to a minute to find the camera.
Once the camera has been found by the app, tap the green + icon next to it, then the app will begin the process of adding and registering it to the remote viewing servers:
After a minute or so, you will hear the camera say 'Connect internet'; at this point the app will have found the camera and added it to the app, you can set a name for the camera by tapping on it.
4. Adding and renaming the camera
Once it is added, to view the camera go back to the 'Home' page using the icon at the bottom left then select your camera from the list.
5. To do next
To view the settings for the camera, select the pencil and paper icon at the top right of the camera live feed. To see the meanings of the settings, have a look at this guide.
If you want to get the device easily added to other phones, tablets or computers, you won't need to go through this process again, just follow this guide to get it done in a few minutes!
6. Resetting the camera
1. Power on the device and wait for it to play three notes to indicate it has started up
2. Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds; you will hear it say 'Reset, camera reboot'.
3. When the camera starts saying 'Wait for Wi-Fi config', tick 'Next step', then 'Next' to begin connecting your camera to the Wi-Fi.
7. Next Steps
We hope you have found this guide useful. If it has not answered your question you can see related articles on the right or raise a ticket.