This guide will take you through changing the IP address for the ethernet port on a computer.
Click on the Windows icon and type Ethernet, select change adaptor settings from the list and then click on “Change adaptor options” on the right.
Double click on the “Ethernet” icon which shows up and then click on “Properties”.
Select the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCIP/IPv4)” and click on “Properties”.
Now change to “Use the following IP address” which you will want to fill in with the relevant information for the device you are setting up.
You can now press ok and then ok again to save the settings which will have everything configured for you as needed.
- Go to System Preferences > Network.
- Select 'Ethernet' from the menu on the left side.
- Select 'Advanced'.
- From the top menu, select 'TCP/IP'.
- Click where it says 'Using DHCP' and select 'Manually'.
- Change the IP address using the information below, as this differs depending on they type of device you are setting up:
Now press 'Ok' to quit.
Need more help?